Sunday, January 15, 2012

104pinkpearls

I couldn't let the day pass by without acknowledging that today is January 15th 2012, also known as Founders Day for Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.


I did a post here that paid homage (sorta) to my Kappa brothers so I couldn't possibly leave my own sorority out of the Founder's Day festivities. Here's what I'm working with...

I so very much wanted to wear something that was cute and prissy and classic, as might be expected but I decided instead to go for something that incorporated both "soft" (lace, pearls, pink) and "hard" (leather, denim, black) elements. No one ever was called temeritous by doing what is expected and by golly, temerity is what I want here.




 I hope my post today serves as a simple reminder of the occasion, but also a reminder that despite a common sorority, workplace, religion, race, culture, nationality (whatever you want to substitute in there) we are all still individually unique in ways that matter to so many people. Never believe that you need to fit a standard that others have ascribed to you. Life is about standing out not being afraid to stand out, while understanding that you are still very much a part of many whole entities.


Cheers (Non-Alcoholic, lol) to 104 years of serving others. Happy Founder's Day Sorors! P.S. Please don't mind my puppy...she's soo nosy sometimes! :-)

Details: 
Pink Floral Bra-Victoria's Secret-$15.99 (annual sale)
Lace Long Sleeve Tee-Dots-$10.00
Leather Vest- Wilson's Leather via thrift store-$9.99
Skinny Jeans-Old Navy (Diva)-$15.97
Pink and Black pumps- HerStyle via Plato's Closet-$10.00
Pearls (2 strings)-Forever21-idk
Long gold and pearl clock neclace-Forever21-$8.00
Pearl earrings-idk
Class Ring
Pink and Green chair-Ross-$99.99




1 comment:

  1. I need that chair in my life! Love your whole look. Hot!!

    ReplyDelete