Thursday, January 5, 2012

Nautical Jungle

Today is Founder's Day for Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc.  I jokingly told a 'Nupe friend' last night that I would represent for him and wear red today. Somehow, when I got to my closet I gravitated to the crimson and chalked it up to the fact that I apparently am a stickler for keeping promises (or my fave blazer happens to be red, lol).  Either way, I emerged in an outfit that is truly 'me.' I swear, the blazer is so easy yet polished, it's such a closet must-have for anyone. I guess that's why it's also my favorite thing to purchase. But anyway...so I grabbed my red blazer and instantly went the nautical way by layering it over a navy and white striped button-down.

Next thought was (of course) Navy pants, but I wanted to look a little more unexpected so I switched out the Navy for Brown. My Leopard print purse succeeded in livening up the whole look. Oh! and check out my Wrist Candy! Adding the stacked wooden bracelets was my way of throwing a little bit of what I like to call my Neo-Soul into the mix.

The Details:
Blue and white striped button down-Thrift Store, $1
Red Blazer-Thrift Store, $5
Brown Slacks-Thrift Store, $1
Nine West tan boots-Plato's Closet, $8
Animal Print Handbag-Christmas Gift :-)

Wrist Candy-
        1st, 3rd and 4th- Beauty Supply Store, $1 each
        2nd- Forever 21, $6




No comments:

Post a Comment