Monday, January 23, 2012

Nothing Good Comes Easy: Mini Twists

Every time I start a set of mini twists on my hair, I get to a point where I experience deep regret and consider removing the few twists that I have already placed on my head. This "install" was no different. I had only gotten through the first section at the back of my head, when that familiar feeling crept in, but fortunately, I plodded along and finished in 4 hours. When I got to the end of the last twist, I breathed a sign of relief with the satisfaction that I will not have to mess with my hair for at least 1 week. Whoever said "nothing good comes easy..." must have been talking about mini twists :-)

As far as the details, I washed my hair the day before with (...insert random Shampoo & Conditioner here...I'm usually not picky). I wore my hair naked for one day and allowed it to dry and stretch slightly in a puff. The next day I separated my hair into 6 sections  (3 in front, 3 in back) and started twisting "freestyle" using a little Organic Root Stimulator Smooth-n-Hold Pudding on each twist.




I'm really happy with the result. My body will thank me for it this week as I have no excuse NOT to go to the gym. Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you finished & they look so good. I used to twist my hair lot during my college days but I don't have the patience for it anymore, lol.

    ReplyDelete